Cristina Sbaizero is the CEO of the World Trade Center Trieste, with more than 20 years’ experience in international business development, corporate strategy, change management, public-private-partnerships, and global event organization within the WTCs network. Through her efforts, WTC Trieste hosted the WTCA Spring Meeting in 2000, the WTCs European Regional Meeting in 2017 and 2018.
Cristina Sbaizero represents internationally the World Trade Center Trieste –a division of SAMER Group- having attended almost all the meetings, promoting constantly networking and new business opportunities for the benefit of the WTC Members. Her main professional skills are focused on innovative start-up companies, disruptive innovative solutions and business models. She is expert in financial supporting instruments to SMEs at European, national and local level.
She speaks English, German and Italian and has organized trade missions and workshops to support business developments over the years in the following countries: USA, UAE, Japan, China, Canada, Tunisia, Algiers, France, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Bulgaria, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Spain, Portugal, Sweden, Finland, Philippines.
Cristina Sbaizero is Chartered Public Accountant since 2007, and Legal Auditor since 2009 registered at the Minister of Finance in Italy. She is sitting on diverse Board of Statutory Auditors of private and public companies, covering many sectors of the economy:
- Fondazione CR Trieste (bank institution)
- Confcommercio Trieste (business association of enterprises)
- Synergy Flavours Italia S.p.A. a company of Carbery Group (flavourings production)
- Interporto di Trieste S.p.A. (logistic services)
- Terziaria Trieste S.r.l. (administrative, education and training supporting services to SMEs)
- Fiera Trieste S.p.A. (trade fair)
- ATAP S.p.A. (public transportation services)
- Associazione CSV FVG – Centro Servizi Volontariato (ONG, services and recreational)
- Teatro Stabile FVG “il Rossetti” (art, entertainment and recreational)
- Galleria dell’Accademia di Venezia (art, entertainment and recreational)
In addition to these responsibilities, Cristina Sbaizero actively volunteers by sitting on professional boards and organizations, including the Trieste Rotary Club, the Trieste Circle of Culture and Arts, the Milano Committee for the Internationalization of the Association of the Chartered Public Accountants.
Cristina Sbaizero began her career in 1997 at the UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development Organization) in Vienna, by creating the marketing guide and monitoring the budget for launching and further implementing the "Cleaning Production Centres Program" in Europe. She holds M.Sc./MBA degrees from Trieste University of Economics in Italy.