We are World Trade Centers Association, Inc. (“WTCA”, “we”, “us”, “our”). This privacy notice describes how and why we use your personal data. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
- Prospective Members. When you submit a membership application form via our website, we collect your name, email address, telephone number, postal address and company information. We collect these details to take steps to enter into a WTCA membership contract with you, and if successful to set you up with an account and provide you with your membership information.
- Members. When you become a WTCA member in addition to the personal data we collected as part of your membership application, we also collect your photograph, IP address and any profile information or messages you upload to our membership portal. We collect this information on the basis of our legitimate interest to verify your identity and to provide you with our services.
- WTCA Events. When you attend one of our events, we will usually collect your name, email address, telephone number and postal address. We collect this information because it’s in our legitimate interest to know who’s attending our events.
- Webinars and Web Conferencing. When you sign up to our webinars or web conferencing services we will collect your name and email address on the basis of our legitimate interest to provide you with the webinar or web conference. Webinars and web conferences may be recorded for archival purposes and to enable members who were unable to attend to still obtain the information, to enable members to review the content and continue to build awareness after the event has ended. You will receive a prompt to remind you of this before joining the webinar or web conference.
- Getting In Touch. When you contact us with general queries, we will usually collect your name, email address and telephone number because it’s in our legitimate interest to make sure we can properly respond to your query.
- Marketing. We will handle your personal information (such as your name and email address) to provide you with our news updates in line with any preferences you may have told us about.
- When we send you our news updates because you have opted-in to receive them, we rely on your consent to contact you. If you have not opted-in and we send you our news updates emails, we do this because of our legitimate interest to promote our organization.
- You can unsubscribe from our updates at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing email@example.com.
- Technical information when you
- Governance. In accordance with WTCA’s Bylaws, policies and procedures qualified WTC members may be eligible to run for office as part of the nomination and election process for the Board of Directors, Member Advisory Councils and/or Regional Advisory Councils. As such, we collect your name, title, email address, telephone number, postal address and biography. We collect this information on the basis of our legitimate interest to verify your qualifications and to satisfy the steps of the electoral process. Further, in accordance with WTCA’s Bylaws, policies and procedures qualified WTCA members may be eligible to cast their ballot, if they so choose, for the various elections and vacancies that may occur from time to time. In addition, qualified WTCA members may receive election campaign materials. In order to provide you with the relevant information to participate in the voting process, we collect your name, title, email address, and telephone number. We collect this information on the basis of our legitimate interest to enable you the ability to receive the relevant information and cast your vote.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
We store your data on servers located in the United States of America.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We share your contact information with the general public via the WTC profiles on our website, which can be found here, and other WTCA members via the WTCA directory on our website which can be found here. We do this on the basis of our legitimate interests of connecting our members together, which is a critical aim of our membership organization. If you do not want to be listed on our directory you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out.
We may share your personal data with the following third parties:
- Our suppliers
- Our webinar or web conferencing partners
- Our vendors
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources:
- Social Media (or E-Communications)
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
We will only retain your personal information for as long as we need it and in line with our data retention policy, unless we are required to keep it for longer to comply with our legal, accounting or regulatory requirements.
YOUR UK AND EUROPEAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have various rights under applicable data protection laws particularly if you are within the UK or the EU. These include the right in certain circumstances to:
- access your personal data (also known as a “subject access request”);
- correct incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you;
- ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you;
- ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data;
- ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party;
- object to how we are using your personal data; and
- withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with us or the supervisory authority for data protection issues in the relevant country. You can find your relevant supervisory authority here. Please keep in mind that privacy law is complicated, and these rights will not always be available to you all of the time.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We may disclose information to the organizations we co-sponsor events with. We do this to introduce you to a wide variety of organizations you’re likely to be interested in, and to make our events financially viable to run. In each case, the information we provide may include your name, email address, phone number, job title, office location, and company.
If you are a resident of California then you have the right to opt-out of this, because our sharing of data in this way may constitute a “sale” of your personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us via email at email@example.com. In order to fulfill our obligations under the California Consumer Privacy Act, we may take steps to verify your identity, and ensure that the request is valid, including where an authorized representative is making a request on your behalf.
Please note where you have opted out of us sharing your information in this way, the service you receive from us will not be of an inferior quality or higher price, unless permitted by applicable law or where the services we provide to you rely on the sale of your personal information.
Your feedback and suggestions on this privacy notice are welcome. We’ve worked hard to create a notice that’s easy to read and clear. But if you feel that we have overlooked an important perspective or used language which you think we could improve, please let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.