FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 3, 2021
Jacie Roberts Lallis; (202) 312-1552
World Trade Center Washington, DC Celebrates World Trade Month with a Full Slate of Virtual Programming
Washington, DC - International trade and global relations continues to be at the forefront of political and economic discussions amidst the ongoing pandemic. During the month of May,
World Trade Center Washington, DC (WTCDC) at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center (RRB/ITC) will celebrate the importance of trade and cultural exchange by producing a line-up of international and trade related virtual events including:
• Perspectives on Trade: A Conversation with Mr. Bjorn Arviddson, Head of Trade and
Economic Affairs at the Embassy of Sweden to the Unites States – May 4
• 2021 Virtual Trade Mission with Greece in partnership with the Office of the Deputy
Mayor – May 19
• A Seat at the Table: In Conversation with H.R.H. Princess Reema bint Bandar,
Ambassador of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to the United States – May 25
• Perspectives on Trade: Travel and Tourism in the DR/CAFTA Region – June 3
• Winternational Virtual Marketplace –Explore the World, a month-long Trade, Travel
and Tourism promotion for participating embassies
• Additionally, World Trade Centers around the nation are offering special programming, view the full event calendar “The pandemic has changed everything, from our everyday lives to the ways in which our global economy operates. The impacts of COVID-19 have been immense and widespread, signaling an even greater need for dialogue, connections and collaboration. By offering a virtual programming platform, we continue to amplify the voices of our key partners and the
international business community in Washington, DC as they focus on economic recovery efforts” said Andrew Gelfuso, Director of WTCDC.
World Trade Month is an initiative that shines a light on U.S. trade and diplomatic relationships through local and national trade events. WTCDC oversees the trade mission of RRB/ITC to facilitate and enhance the exchange of U.S. goods and services in the international marketplace by providing educational programs, business to business seminars, trade counseling sessions and cultural awareness events. By working with different organizations, embassies, trade
associations, think tanks and educational institutions, WTCDC fosters international dialogue and raises public awareness of the economic benefits that can be realized through trade.
Explore additional digital content from WTCDC featuring timely and relevant news on the trade
and business climates of various countries around the world including intimate conversations with guest ambassadors. View the full playlist here.
Visit our Trade Events calendar for detailed information about these events and more. Press
and media members interested in additional information should contact Jacie Roberts Lallis.
About Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center (RRB/ITC)
Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center is a dynamic hub for government, business, culture and community, in the heart of the nation’s capital. As the first and only federal
building dedicated to both public and private use, the Reagan Building is the official World Trade
Center Washington, DC (WTCDC), and a premier conference and event venue with executive office space, attractions, dining, retail, parking, and community activities. WTCDC as a member of the World Trade Centers Association utilizes a global network of 750,000 affiliated business from 300 trade centers in over 100 countries to maximize its
connections and capabilities. With this extended network, WTCDC works diligently to ensure the RRB/ITC offers a rich mix of signature events such as high profile economic summits, conferences and cultural programs. These initiatives foster international dialogue, enhance
diplomacy, and generate business opportunities. Visit rrbitc.com or follow us @ReaganITCDC.
About TCMA (A Drew Company)
Trade Center Management Associates (TCMA) is the exclusive manager of Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center (RRB/ITC). TCMA’s team specializes in International Trade Services, Real-Estate Management and Hospitality. For more information, visit www.drewcompany.com .