Simon Wang was born in Taiwan, grew up in Taipei, and thrived at TAITRA, the owner and operator of WTC Taipei. He has worked his way up through the rank and file. He started out as a project manager and then moved up to deputy executive. That was followed by a promotion to the executive director and he eventually rose all the way up to the executive vice president and now the President &CEO. During his tenure at TAITRA, he has studied at Northwestern University in Illinois, USA as well as accepted an assignment to work in Northern Europe. Simon has been exploring business opportunities for Taiwanese enterprises for over 36 years.
As a global trade promoter of high proactivity and great innovation, Simon has enthusiastically accepted the challenges to lead his teams to win bids for government projects. With his forward thinking in terms of the digital future and his ability to see the big picture, surely he will greatly contribute to elevating Taiwan’s foreign trade promotion.
- President & CEO, TAITRA (owner/operator of WTC Taipei) (2022/7-present)
- Executive Vice President, TAITRA (owner/operator of WTC Taipei) (2013/7-2022/7)
- Executive Director, Market Development Department, TAITRA (2009/5-2013/7)
- Deputy Executive Director, Market Development Department, TAITRA (2008/8-2009/5)
- Deputy Executive Director, Taipei International Exhibition Center, TAITRA (2007/2-2008/8)
- Deputy Executive Director, Market Development Department, TAITRA (2005/4-2007/2)
- Director, Taiwan Trade Center, Stockholm, Sweden (1997/11-2003/11)
- Board of Directors of UFI (The Global Association of Exhibition Industry) (2020-2021)
- Member of the Advisory Council of Asian Federation of Exhibition & Conference Associations of AFECA (Asian Federation of Exhibition & Convention Association)