FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 1, 2023
World Trade Center Washington, DC Highlights International Trade and Cultural Events for World Trade Month
WASHINGTON, DC—May is World Trade Month and the World Trade Center Washington, DC (WTCDC) is proud to be at the forefront of this annual initiative that promotes U.S. trade and diplomatic relationships. As the entity that oversees the trade mission of the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center (RRB/ITC), WTCDC is committed to facilitating and enhancing the exchange of U.S. goods and services in the international marketplace by providing a wide range of educational programs, business-to-business seminars, trade counseling sessions, and cultural awareness events.
To kick off this year's World Trade Month, WTCDC is excited to announce the renewal of its partnership with the U.S. Commercial Service as a private sector partner. Throughout May, WTCDC will highlight a dynamic array of programs, both in-person and virtual, from its network of strategic partners in the public and private sectors. The events will showcase niche market opportunities and provide educational sessions on trade promotion and international relations.
"World Trade Month provides an opportunity to reflect on the importance of international trade and to celebrate the achievements of businesses that are involved in this crucial area," said Allyson Browne McKithen, Executive Director of WTCDC and Vice-President of International Programs at Trade Center Management Associates (TCMA). "This year's events are particularly significant given the shifting business trends we are seeing in the past year; we are proud to play a role in supporting the continued growth of global commerce.”
The month-long programming includes:
• May 1-5: U.S. Commercial Service Export Week Programs (Virtual)
• May 3: World Trade Center Delaware: Kick-Off to the U.S.-Africa Business Summit
• May 8: Protocol & Diplomacy International (PDI) and Protocol Officers Association (POA): Managing a Press Conference in the U.S. (Virtual)
• May 9: Mediterranean Diet Roundtable: Ambassador’s Breakfast (In-Person)
• May 10: Washington Intergovernmental Professionals Group (WIPG): A Conversation with H.E. Jean-Arthur Régibeau (In-Person)
• May 10: World Trade Week NYC Kick-Off: Supply Chain Panel Discussion
• May 10: Washington International Trade Association (WITA): 1st Annual European Union Virtual Intensive Trade Seminar (Virtual)
• May 18: World Trade Centers Association: Make Trade Work Webinar Series: Session 4
• May 19: World Trade Center Denver: World Trade Day
• May 24: Society for International Development (SID): Power Shift: Defining the Next Decade of Development (Hybrid)
• June 1: Embassy of Azerbaijan: National Day Celebration (In-Person, by invitation) • June 2: Washington Performing Arts: Embassy Adoption Program
• Africa-USA Now – a 10-part, virtual series presented by WTCDC showcasing economic trends and business opportunities between the U.S. and Africa
To close out the month, WTCDC will be relaunching TradeWinds, its official newsletter, in a new digital format. In hiatus since the beginning of the pandemic, this publication provides an intimate look at the people and policies that drive global commerce. Explore additional content and resources from WTCDC by visiting rrbitc.com/world-trade-center.
About Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center (RRB/ITC) Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center is a dynamic hub for government, business, culture, and community, in the heart of the nation’s capital. As the first and only federal building dedicated to both public and private use, the Reagan Building is the official World Trade Center Washington, DC (WTCDC), and a premier conference and event venue with executive office space, attractions, dining, retail, parking, and community activities. Through the World Trade Centers Association, WTCDC utilizes a global network of 750,000 affiliated businesses from 300 trade centers in over 100 countries to maximize its connections and capabilities. With this extended network, WTCDC works diligently to ensure the RRB/ITC offers a rich mix of signature events such as high-profile economic summits, conferences and cultural programs. These initiatives foster international dialogue, enhance diplomacy, and generate business opportunities. Visit www.rrbitc.com or follow us @ReaganITCDC. About TCMA (A Drew Company) Trade Center Management Associates (TCMA) is the exclusive manager of Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center (RRB/ITC). TCMA’s team specializes in International Trade Services, Real-Estate Management and Hospitality. For more information, visit www.drewcompany.com.