• 1978: Graduate of Erasmus University Rotterdam, General Economics (final thesis in Port & Transport Economics).
• 1978-2001: Rotterdam Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Director International Trade
• 2001- 2012 : Netherlands Council for Trade Promotion, Director
• 2012-2013: Netherlands Council for Trade Promotion, Advisor to the Board
• 2013-present: Vaandrager International Business Support B.V. (VIBS BV), Director/Owner
• 2013-present: World Trade Center The Hague, Director External Relations
• 1986-2001: Board member (and co-founder) of the Rotterdam Commercial Representative Office in Shanghai (P.R. of China)
• 1989-2001: Board member (and co-founder) of the Netherlands Turkey Business Association (Netuba), Holland Trade Bridge (in St. Peterburg), Holland Trade Bridge (in Ho Chi Minh City).
• 1980-1990: Coordinator of the Dutch participation in the ASEAN EU Business Council.
• 1994-2008: Board member of the Rotterdam American Business Club (Rotterdam Chapter AmCham).
• 2008-2013: Chairman of the Joint Business Council The Netherlands-Taiwan.
• 2007-2013: Chairman Bilateral Economic Committee Cuba-the Netherlands.
• 1988-2005: Member of the Supervisory Board of the Foundation Rotterdam Top Sport.
• 1996-2008: Member of the Supervisory Board of Rabobank Drechtsteden.
• 1984-2004: Chairman of the Foundation Rotterdam Baseball (organising body of the 2012-2013: World Port Tournament).
• 2005: Chairman of the Advisory Board of the World Championship Baseball 2005 (held in The Netherlands).
• 2012: Chairman Local Organising Committee Rotterdam for the European Championship Baseball 2012 (held in The Netherlands).
• 2006-2009: Vice President Confederation of European Baseball (CEB).
• 1970-present: various positions in the board and committees of the baseball- and softball club “Zwijndrecht” (present position Chairman).
• 2011-2013: Board member of the International Business Club of World Trade Center the Hague.
• 2014-present: Chairman of the Enterpreneurs Association Zwijndrecht.
• 2014-present: Chairman of the Foundation Social Fund of the Netherlands Council for Trade Promotion.
• 2014-present: Board Member of the Association of Dutch cooperating WTC’s in the Netherland (WTC NL).
• Baseball: From 1968-2011 active as player.
Member of Rotary International (on August 29 2013 named a Paul Harris Fellow).
Honorary Member of the Royal Dutch Baseball and Softball Association (2004).
Decorated by the Municipality of Rotterdam with the Erasmus pin (2001)
Member of the Recommending Committee of the Foundation Breath Care for Kids (2013 onwards).