• Masters degree in Economics, Madras Christian College, University of Madras, India
State Bank of India: 1972-1986
• Last assignment held: Manager Credit, (USA, Canada and European branches), International Banking Division, Central office, Mumbai.
• Job responsibility included credit management of Advances portfolio at the bank’s foreign branches in designated countries. A major part of my 12 years in SBI was spent in assignments managing Small businesses and Small Scale Industries
Standard Chartered Bank: 1986-1994
• Last assignment held: Head Corporate Banking, Northern region, New Delhi.
• Responsible for business development and supervision of Relationship management teams at branches in the territory. Budgetary responsibility for volume growth of deposits and advances and profitability. Accountable for safety of bank’s lending portfolio and quality of business booked.
BNP Paribas: 1994-2003
• Last assignment held: Head Corporate Banking (India), India Management Office, Mumbai. Member, India Credit Committee.
• This was a country level function overseeing Corporate banking business of all the Indian branches of this French multinational bank. It carried responsibilities for business development, drawing up business policy, implementing budget strategy, cross selling business across the bank’s global network and credit structuring. During this tenure I have had the opportunity to deal with large corporates across industries
Imperial Bank Ltd. Kenya: 2004-2006
• Assignment held: Head, Marketing & Business Development, Nairobi.
• This was a 2 year contract assignment with a mid sized bank, with the specific task of setting up a Marketing and Business development structure for the bank.
Aptivaa Consulting – Principal consultant: 2006 – 2011
• This company is involved in implementing Basle accord requirements, (Capital requirement and measurement), for multinational banks.
• Completed a major assignment in Risk restructuring for SAMBA Bank, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
World Trade Center, Bangalore: 2010 till date
• President WTC Bangalore and the Managing Director of the WTC Trades & Projects Pvt. Ltd., the WTC license holder for Bangalore, Chennai, Thiruvanthapuram, Kochi and Hyderabad.
• Have been involved with this project since planning stage. WTC Bangalore has emerged as a widely recognized Trade facilitation organization in this region. Currently in the process of leading the development of 4 additional licenses in important State capitals/ Metros of which two are expected to become operational this year.
• Brigade Hospitality Ltd., Bangalore
• Member of the Management Committee of Bangalore Chamber of Industry & Commerce
• This is the region’s Apex Chamber consisting of members who are Owners/CEO’s of most of the large Business houses in the State of Karnataka.