The event commenced with an introduction to the World Trade Centers Association and the 51st General Assembly hosted by World Trade Center Taipei in March 2020, focused on highlighting the B2B program and opportunity for direct connections to this robust Taiwan market. Speakers for the event included: Rani Dabrai, Director of World Trade Center Dublin, Thomas Huang, Business Development Manager of Taiwan Trade Centre, London (TAITRA), Mick Woods, Commercial and Sales Director of Emerald Freight Express, and Ronan Quinlan, Founder and CEO of Taoglas.
Following the TAITRA presentation, the speakers propelled the discussion with challenges, insights, and consultations on the Taiwan market, with Taoglas established in Taoyuan and Tainan City and Emerald Freight Express with freight forwarding transportation services operating out of Ireland and into the region.
Taoglas gave an account of the benefits of setting up business in Taiwan:
• Advantageous Geographical position –situated in a strategic location of the Asia-Pacific region, Taiwan incorporated companies can serve emerging and dynamic consumer markets of Japan, ASEAN, India & China as well as in the U.S.
• VAT is low in Taiwan, with a standard rate of 5%
• A new company can be set up with only 1 shareholder & 1 director who can be of any nationality or residency
• Exports from Taiwan enjoy a 0% VAT rate
• Companies setting up operations in the free trade zone will be allowed to import goods and machinery into the zone without being required to pay certain duties including VAR, customs duty and commodity tax
Highlighting the value of the Asian market, the (FHA) Food and Beverage Show in Singapore was also introduced to the participants as an upcoming WTC Singapore and WTC Dublin joint opportunity. With access to over 2,000 suppliers at the FHA, occurring from March 31st to April 3rd, WTC Dublin have secured an opportunity for five Irish SMEs to be showcased together to ensure maximum exposure and cost effectiveness at the Show
For more information on WTC Dublin opportunities, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.