World Trade Center Miami and South Florida’s international business community, will be celebrating the 17th Annual International Women’s Day luncheon scheduled for Friday, March 6, 2020, at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel. We will honor five women who understand the importance of trade in our city.
International Women’s Day has been celebrated by the United Nations (UN) since 1975. The UN’s annual commemoration serves to highlight women’s issues globally and focuses on their achievements. In 2004, the World Trade Center Miami decided to sponsor this event annually to recognize women who have inspired others to make major achievements in international business.
We are doing a special tribute to Charlotte Gallogly to honor her many contributions as president of the WTCM for 30 years. Most especially we want to highlight the creation of this luncheon in 2004 to commemorate women’s achievements in the area of international business. Eighty-eight women have been honored so far!
For the 2020 event, we will be honoring five outstanding women:
- Commissioner Audrey M. Edmonson, Chairwoman, Miami Dade County Commission
- Marie Gill, President, M. Gill & Associates
- Susan Harper, Consul General of Canada in Miami, Consulate General of Canada
- Karen A. Kuhn, Associate Chief Counsel, Field Counsel Miami, Customs and Border Protection
- Christine Valls, Regional Managing Director of Sales, Florida, the Caribbean, Latin America, and the U.S., American Airlines