ANCHORAGE, AK, USA - 2017 Japan Business Update & Outlook is a unique annual event that focuses exclusively on trade, commerce and investment ties between Alaska and Japan. It provides a timely update on the Japanese economy and new, or expanded, business opportunities. The importance of Japan to Alaska, its economic future (and implications), and commercial (trade and investment) opportunities for Alaskan and Japanese companies, will be outlined and discussed.
Why You Should Attend:
• Japan is the third largest economy in the world, after the United States and China
• Japan's strategic alliance and deep economic integration with the United States provides opportunities in many cutting edge sectors
• Japan has a large middle class and a broad-based, highly developed consumer economy that offers great potential for consumer products and services and B2C sales
• Japan is the second largest source of overseas travel and tourism to the United States, just behind the U.K.
• Japan is highly dependent upon natural resources imports
• Japan is the world's largest liquefied natural gas importer, second-largest coal importer, and third-largest net importer of crude oil and oil products
• Japan is Alaska's 2nd largest trading partner with nearly $1 billion in exports from Alaska to Japan and a significant investor in the state's resource sector
• Japan is a significant buyer of Alaskan seafood