Algiers.heroimage%20%281%292

News

The Export Trophy takes a New Dimension

Jun 19, 2017

19029401_239243956575862_2168464366799221136_n

ALGIERS, ALGERIA - The Export Trophy’s 14th edition, took place on the 7th of June 2017 at the El-Aurassi Hotel as a WTC Day, and witnessed the presence of the most influential members of the Algerian Business Community and various representatives of the public institutions in charge of trade in Algeria.

Mr.Ahmed Tibaoui, CEO of the WTC Algiers opened the ceremony by giving an important speech in where he emphasized that this prestigious ceremony and recognized event within the Algerian business sphere, was a powerful way to support and promote world trade in Algeria. He informed the audience that the WTC network can help and support a lot the algerian exporter through the fantastic network of the association.

He then continued with a moving speech, describing the work and integrity of his late and dear friend who was known to be one of the most charismatic Algerian Minister of Commerce, the late Mr.Bakhti BELAIB, to whom he dedicated this Ceremony and rightfully named the trophy after him.

The first encouragement price was given to Brandt Algeria, a subsidiary of Cevital Group which employs more than 10,000 peoples across the country, and is the largest private group in Algeria.

Mr.Issad Rebrab, CEO of Cevital, said when he was handed his trophy, that Brandt Algeria is aiming "to export 90% of its production by 2020, and that the remaining 10%, will be enough to cover the local market’s needs" knowing that there is a lot of other brands in Algeria.

Cevital also exports Agri-Food products and flat glass to Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the US.

The special prize of the jury was given to Prolipos, a very promissing company, located Ain M'lila (North East of Algiers), a company specializing in the Agri-food sector, packaging and refining of vegetable oils, and has a production capacity of 450 tons per day.

And the winner of the Export Trophy 2016 was Faderco Group, a family business known for its brands Cotex, Awane and Baby diapers Bimbies. The group currently employs nearly 2,000 people at its production sites.

The Faderco group supplies more than 90% of paper processors in France and exported more than 5000 tonnes of paper reel to European countries (France, Spain, Greece and Ireland) in 2017. For finished products, Faderco exports to the African markets (Tunisia, Morocco, Mauritania, Ivory Coast and Togo).

For Amor Habès , CEO of Faderco SPA, "What we need to talk more about today , is internationalization of Algerian Business than only export".