Founded in 1970, the World Trade Centers Association is a nonprofit, non-political association dedicated to the establishment and effective operation of World Trade Centers as instruments for the promotion of international trade. Currently, there are more than 320 World Trade Centers in more than 90 countries around the world. Served by each of these World Trade Centers is a growing list of an estimated hundreds of thousands of businesses all in pursuit of new customers, sources of supply and opportunities for investment.
In keeping with its commitment to promote international trade through education, the World Trade Centers Association (WTCA) supports a professional development training program designed to expand business skills of the next generation of internationally-focused professionals.
The World Trade Centers Association is looking for an Accounting & Operations Intern to join the Accounting and Finance team. We are looking for a student with general knowledge of accounting principals who is looking to learn in a dynamic environment.
1. Assisting with the account receivable billing process including: address verification, scanning and creating PDF’s of all invoices.
2. Assisting with updating the customer database.
3. Preparing bank deposits.
4. Supporting in the account receivable collection process, which will include sending email correspondences and making phone calls.
5. Assisting with the account payables process including invoice verification, staff expense reports, and check requests.
6. Assisting with the preparations of new accounts payable files and folders.
7. Assisting with month-end closing including: account analysis and reconciliation.
8. Assisting with year-end audit including: preparing all files and folders, sorting and verifying all data, and making copies.
All interested candidates should e-mail their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This internship position is unpaid, but will receive $15/day stipend. Interns will work 15-20 hr/week and will be able to receive course credit.