The United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI) is holding a global conversation with scholars, educators, researchers and students to discuss priorities for the future, obstacles to achieving them, and the role of global academic cooperation in addressing global issues. Please see below the details of the next webinar in the UNAI Digital Dialogue Series:
Title: FUTURE OF DIPLOMACY AFTER COVID-19
Date: Thursday, 24 June 2021 (ahead of the UN Charter Day)
Time: 9am to 10:30am [New York time]
RSVP/Registration form: https://bit.ly/24junersvp
Objective: This webinar will examine recent development, ongoing challenges and new perspectives of multilareral diplomacy, within the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and how this framework can and will change the work within international organizations such as the United Nations. The event will also highlight the critical relevance of multilateral diplomacy to address global problems through global solutions.
- Mr. Omar Hernández, Public Information Officer at the United Nations Academic Impact
Confirmed guest speakers:
- Ms. Hana Alhashimi, Member of the United Nations Secretary-General’s Internet Governance Forum Multistakeholder Advisory Group, former Senior Advisor in the Office of the President of the United Nations General Assembly and former Sustainable Development and Digital Cooperation Expert at the Permanent Mission of the United Arab Emirates to the United Nations.
- Mr. Andrés Fiallo, First Secretary of the Permanent Mission of Ecuador to the United Nations, former Senior Political Advisor to the President of the United Nations General Assembly and former Director for International Relations of the Ministry of National Defense of Ecuador.
- Ms. Mona Ali Khalil, Director of MAK LAW International Strategic Consulting Service, Affiliate of the Harvard Law School Program on International Law and Armed Conflict and former Senior Legal Officer in the United Nations Office of the Legal Counsel.
- Mr. Vahd Nabyl Mulachela, Economic Coordinator of the Permanent Mission of Indonesia to the United Nations and former Advisor on Management and Partnerships in the Office of the President of the United Nations General Assembly.
- Ms. Toni-Shae Freckleton, Team Leader for Sustainable Development in the Office of the President of the United Nations General Assembly and former Director of Population and Health at the Planning Institute of Jamaica.
- Mr. Jonathan Viera, First Secretary of the Permanent Mission of Ecuador to the United Nations, former Senior Advisor on Economics and Financing for Development in the Office of the President of the United Nations General Assembly and former Lecturer of Economics at Fairleigh Dickinson University (United States) and the University of the Americas (Ecuador).