“Afghanistan Beyond the Headlines” Virtual Conference March 9
to feature List of VIP U.S., Global Speakers
Opportunities for US-Afghanistan Trade and Investment from the
Traditional to the Future
New Castle, DE, March, 2021—World Trade Center Delaware is hosting a huge virtual conference titled, “Afghanistan Beyond the Headlines” 8:30-10 am on March 9 to feature a range of VIP global and U.S. speakers from The U.S. Embassy in Kabul, the Embassy of Afghanistan, Washington, the U.S. Department of Commerce, the International Trade Administration, the Office of the General Counsel, the Port of Wilmington (Gulftainer) and U.S. Senator Chris Coons and U.S. Representative Lisa Blunt Rochester.
Afghanistan presents significant opportunities for two-way trade and capital investment for US companies. Trade prospects range from the traditional (spices, carpets, and precious and semi-precious gemstones) to the contemporary: telecommunications, Fintech, transport and logistics, construction, healthcare and biotechnology. The program also will showcase capital investment opportunities for US companies in Afghanistan and introduce Afghan businesses to the benefits of locating in Delaware.
At this workshop, participants will learn how to:
• Determine which sectors provide the greatest opportunities for trade
• Identify and build relationships with buyers
• Identify and build relationships with suppliers
• Determine which sectors provide the greatest opportunities for foreign investment
• Position their company to become attractive to foreign investors
• Identify and secure types of financing
Officials and Experts to speak will include:
- H.E Nisar Ahmad Ghoryani, Minister of Industry and Commerce
- Nancy Bikondo-Omosa, Senior Procurement Specialist The World Bank
- Alexander Hawkes, Economic and Trade Officer at the U.S. Embassy in Kabul
- Jocelyn A. Steiner, Attorney Advisor, Office of the General Counsel of the United States Department of Commerce
- Ambassador Ross Wilson, U.S. Chargé d'Affaires to the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. US Embassy Kabul
- H. E. H.E. Roya Rahmani, Afghan Ambassador to the United States (first female ambassador from Afghanistan)
- U.S. Senator Chris Coons
- U.S. Representative Lisa Blunt Rochester
- David Harris, Vice President, Commercial Operations at Gulftainer, GT USA, Wilmington
- Others TBA
“We are very excited to present such an outstanding line up of speakers,” said World Trade Center Delaware President Carla Stone. “All businesses that want to do trade in the Middle East should attend this once-in-a-lifetime event including business owners, company leaders, export and import managers, lenders, attorneys, accountants, fund managers and more. This is one event you won’t want to miss.”
Program Sponsored by: WTC Kabul and WTC Delaware
Founded in 2020, World Trade Center Kabul is the newest member of the World Trade Centers Association. Currently under construction and opening at the end of 2021, the WTC Kabul's campus will be an iconic 5-star property consisting of a deluxe office and apartment/ hotel complex, retail shops, and other facilities and amenities. It will be both the headquarters for established global companies and an incubator for aspiring global entrepreneurs and an exciting and vibrant international hub in the heart of Kabul.
World Trade Center® Delaware is the state’s premier international business resource. We help companies grow their international business through our membership with the World Trade Centers Association, a global network of 320 World Trade Centers in nearly 100 countries. Our connections help local businesses succeed in new markets, increase profitability, expand employment and attract investment. We provide trade leads, training programs, job leads, networking, matchmaking, and inbound and outbound trade mission opportunities to all types of companies in various sectors. The result is that our members and clients can deliver higher quality goods and services while saving time and money. Please be sure to contact us for all your international business needs. We Grow Trade® and our mission is to serve you. For more information visit us at www.wtcde.com.